top of page
Wine has probably been grown and made on the property for hundreds of years, but we have only been able to trace the history back to around 1900.
The Poggio family lived and farmed here during the first half of the 20th century and then Sr. Squillari bought the place in the 1950’s. He was a wine merchant from Genoa. Besides selling the wine he produced in Bionzo, he also imported port wines and liquors for sales and distribution in Italy.
When Squillari retired in the end of the 80’s, the neighbors bought various parts of the property. Later the building and the vineyards fell into some degree of despair till we took over in 2013.
bottom of page